Wednesday, January 31, 2007

School Dazed and Confused



Well, School has been back in session for two and a half weeks now. Last semester I got off to a really slow start and had to catch up on a half semesters work in the last two weeks. I fared well but those two weeks were rough for everyone here at the house. I told myself that I wasn't going to to that again this semester but it I am close to falling into that rut again. I think that this post will actually help me to get motivated and get off to a good start. One of the main problems is the cost of text books. I have 5 classes that require me to spend at least $100.00 each for books. Now, it is possible to by used books off the internet for much lower but I'm still figuring between $250 and $350 all totaled. As you know we don't exactly have a lot of dough to be throwing around so I am reluctant to order these books which means I am not doing all the reading I'm supposed to. You can see where this causes a problem. so, tonight I will force myself to sit here at the computer for a while and order the damned books.

I need to suck it up and spend the money. Don't misunderstand me, we're not broke or in debt, we just don't have much extra money. We can afford the books, but if I have the books then I can't use that as an excuse to not read. Those who know me are well aware that I have spent a lot of time in school. I am burned out. I am tired of it. I don't feel like it is benefiting me anymore. It was a benefit and i have learned alot, but i feel like their is nothing else they can do to prepare me for my career as an educator. But, there are requirements I must meet so off I go twice a week from Baton Rouge to New Orleans. I am taking 16 hours this semester. that's actually the fewest i have taken since the spring of 2005 (15). I can handle the classes, they are not hard by any means. I just don't have the motivation I need right now to get the work done.

What I have mentioned so far seems a little negative so let me assure you that I will not fail these classes ( I know that's what you were thinking). I am scheduled to do my student teaching in the fall. After this semester I have 2 classes to take this summer. I have already complted my education classes and all of my upper level social studies classes (minus 1 history class that I'll take this summer, I've made an A in every college history class I have ever taken<>

The problem here is that I am ready to start teaching. It is my passion and I am excited abouted it. So much so that I can't focus on what I am doing now because I am looking past now and into the future. I need to focus on the task at hand and take care of this semester. I'm just ready to be done. Don't worry, I'll get it done. I feel better already. maybe i could send Sadie to school for me, she likes books. She's even eaten several of them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the home stretch, babe. You can do it. You are strong.

luv, me