Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Piano Man




So, monday was Kristi's birthday. She turned 27. Seeing as how I am 32 I guess that makes me a bit of a stud. But, that's not the point of this post. One of her presents was tickets to see Billy Joel in concert the day after her birthday. Now, you may not know it but Billy's music has a special place in our relationship second only to the Beatles. As many of you may recall, she walked down the aisle to "She's got a way", the words of which are all true. We spent many evenings listening to Billy and talking, getting to know each other in the first few months of our relationship. His music is a major part of the soundtack of our love.

She was very excited to go, which is good because it wasn't cheap. Our seats were great. on side of the stage but very close. It didn't hurt that we could see Drew Brees on the opposite side of the stage (Kristi has a mild crush, but it helps me watch more football so I don't complain). At any rate, It was Awsome. If you get the chance to see him take advantage of it. I know he's getting a little older now and the hair is gone, but the energy is there, the piano skills are there and thank God the vocal skills are still there. It was one of the, no, the best concert I've been to. He sang all of the hits you wanna hear and some of his rarities that hardcore Billy fans would love.

It was a great present for Kristi. She smiled alot and that made it all worth it to me. But it should also be said that I am a bigger fan than she is so it was a great present for me too. I should also thank my mom. She landed us the tickets (to aid in the suprise) and with a friend of hers from work, came with us. Jeri is a crazy woman and she had a blast as well. We were happy to have her and Mrs. Cathy with us. All in all it was an amazing night. we were all in the mood for a melody...and billy had us feelin' alright.

No comments: