Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Dress shoes continued

I don't like the way the feel. I don't like the way they look. I hate dress socks. they are uncomfortable. The don't make dress socks for people with a size 13 shoe. Thus, all of the socks are too tight. and they are all too thin, then they have extra tight elastic around the top to keep them up. It's like a heroin band around your ankle all day(from what I hear). But, my current employer does not allow us to wear running shoes except on Fridays. So, I'm trapped. I bought a new pair of rockport slip-ons, which in general are pretty comforatble. But the opening is a little tight. So, when i slide my foot in the shoe it puls the sock even tighter. I've gotten into the habit of leaving the socks buhed up by my toes because i know they will be pulled when I slide the shoes on.

I guess this is just a rant because I miss the comfort of my running shoes. I do look more professional in dress shoes. I guess I will just suck it up and deal with it. I just don't like it

2 comments:

The Fat Builder said...

Wear women's nylons instead of socks. They have them in XXL (for a larger lady.) Stops your legs itching too.

Scott said...

Um, I'm not sure if I am comfortable with this idea. Not that there is anything wrong with men who wear womens nylons. In fact, I know there are lots of surfers who wear them because it prevents stings by jellyfish. But, um, maybe i'll just wear white cotton socks and say screw fashion. Um, yeah, um, that's what i'll do.