Monday, August 21, 2006

where are we?


So, you may be asking yourself where we are. Well, we are in Baton Rouge of all places. Let me bring you up to speed (for those i haven't spoken to in a while). We were living in Metairie, La. When Katrina hit. our apartment was destroyed, we stayed with my brother Steve and his wife for a month in baton rouge. Kristi & I enrolled for a semester at LSU, it was pleasant. After Christmas we moved to my mothers house in Slidell, into my childhood bedroom which is not nearly as large as it seemed when I was 10. Her house was flooded by 7 feet of water so it was like living in the middle of a construction site. in Febuary we moved into a FEMA trailer on the side of her house. Kristi graduated with her masters degree in history in May. She got a job working at LSU so we left the trailer and found a quaint little rental house here in Baton Rouge. I have a year left before i finish school at UNO. so i make the commute from B.R. to N.O. twice a week. I looked into transferring to LSU(its hard for me to admit that) but it would have added an extra year. So, i figure it's better to commute for one year than be in school for two. Kristi is working as a publicist at LSU press and I have taken up one of my former career choices and am slinging hash at the Olive Garden.
So, now you know where we are.
We got a dog on may the fifth(cinco de Mayo) her name is Sadie. she was 11 pounds when we got her. today she has reached the 50 pound mark. Ah-they grow up so fast.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Mmmmm, Dreamland. I don't know when I'll be up that way but when I do, we're going. I'm drooling on myself as we speak.