Friday, May 25, 2007

It's Friday...

...and for most people that means the beginning of the weekend. For me, it means the beginning of the workend. You see, I work Friday-Monday nights. Not only that but I typically have nothing to do on Friday and monday mornings. This week however I have school in New Orleans on Friday, Saturday, and Monday (which happens to be Memorial day). So, I will go to class from 9-12, then drive back to BR and be at work from 4-12. It's gonna be a long-not fun-weekend. I have a book review due on monday morning and a midterm on tuesday morning. With that said, I don't have a lot of extra hours to prepare for these two events (with work and the commute) but I'm sure I'll get it done, I usually do. Then I'll repeat the pattern next weekend. The one thing that keeps me going right now is that K and I are gonna take a little vacation in two weeks. It'll be nice to get away for a while. Were going to Gatlinburg, gonna do some hiking and whitewater rafting, and of course eat lots of pancakes (it seems that Gatlinburg is like Mecca for pancake lovers). The only downside to the trip is that we're not taking Sadie. She is gonna stay with my mom and Tom, or with our neighbors, I haven't decided yet. We're talking about being away from that sweet baby for 4 1/2 days, I don't know if we can do it. We'll probably talk about her the whole time we're gone.
Someof you may know that I am on "myspace" now. I swore I'd never do it but I have. You can find me as www.myspace.com/scottgw1 My opinion of myspace hasn't been finalized yet but my rough impression is that its a good and easy way to stay in touch with friends and family and to catch up with people you haven't seen in a while. It's also good if you like independent musicians or are trying to get your namen out there(musically). But, I also think it is making or revealling how, what's the word? illiterate our young people are. Now for those of you who are freinds of mine on myspace I am probably not talking about you. I am very selective of who I let into my friends. But I have browsed through friends of friends and read some of the comments that people write and all I can say is where did we, and the educational system go wrong? That's all I'll say about hat for now, though I'm sure that there will be more on this topic in the future.
At any rate, K and I are doing fine. She's enjoying some time off right now. She's even reading for fun-some srt of novel, i can't tell if its trashy romance or not, there's no Fabio on the cover. We are trying to watch less TV and get out of the house more. I'm trying to get back into running shape but don't seem to have the time or energy to really commit to it. I won't have that excuse once this class ends. But overall things are pretty good. I just thought I would let you know what I've been up to. so, there it is. Later.

1 comment:

melancholic smirk said...

Are you kidding?

I would never read trashy romance. . . I just make it!

;)