Monday, January 14, 2008

I like being a teacher, and here's why!

I like days off. Of course we all know that teachers are off during the summer, which is well deserved after spending 9 months locked in a room with 25-30 kids. And we also have the week off between Christmas and New years. But What I'm excited about is that it seems that I have days off every couple of weeks this semester. Here's the schedule.

School starts Jan 7th.
3 weeks later, off on the 21st for MLK Day.
3 weeks later, off a week for Mardi Gras.
5 weeks later. off a week for Easter.
then work 2 months with no interuptions till summer
Last day of school, may 29th.

I am off for a full week in Febuary and in March. Not too shabby!

Now don't get me wrong. I love my job and find it easy to get out of bed in the morning, but who doesn't love vacation. Especially now that I have a paycheck that will allow me to enjoy it!!

3 comments:

curia_regis said...

Enjoy all the time off.

Say, did you see that Van Halen is coming to the New Orleans Arena on February 8? I just found this out a few days ago (while passing the superdome marquee)

Scott said...

I saw it and I'm debating wheter or not to go. K does not want to go so I would have to find another interested person to go with, if I decide to go.

curia_regis said...

How can she not want to go?!?! What a square!