Saturday, September 20, 2008

500 club

Hello Friends. It's been a while since we last chatted. We survived the hurricane. We went with out power for about a week and a half. Even worse than that, we went with out cable for 3 weeks. But, we got it back yesterday. My mother evacuated to our house for the hurricane and brought her big screen TV with her. she is in Hawaii this week so I get to keep it, with cable, for at least one more week. She also left he Wii. Yes, I have already hooked it up to the big screen.

My running has suffered the last 2 weeks. I have been really tired lately, probably because of the crap I've been eating lately and the lack of sleep. So, I've been taking it easy and will start hitting it hard this week. Tomorrow is supposed to be 11 miles. I think I will scale it back to 8 or 9.
The 10 mile race I have been training for has been cancelled due to hurricane issues(Middendorfs, the host restaurant, is right on Lake Pontchartrain). So, I don't have a tune up race for the half marathon in November. I think I will continue my current plan and just have a one man race that day.

One spot of good running news. I hit the 500 mile mark this morning. My goal is to run 1000 miles this year, I am now half way there. Woo-Hoo! It's taken 8 1/2 months to do 500. I don't know if I can do another 500 in 3 1/2 months. But, I'm not giving up yet.

On the career front. I think I just had my best week as a teacher. I, for the first time, felt truly confident in my abilities to teach, motivate, and support my students. I like the way that feels. I know I will face some ups and downs this year and in my career, but right now, I feel good.

There is some other stuff I've been wanting to blog about but I don't remember what right now. But I did by a smoker today. I'm sure there will be many BBQ/smoker posts in the future as I master various techniques. Till then.......

2 comments:

Steven Wallace said...

I say we test that smoker out while you have the big screen TV, like for a Saints game...

They play the Broncos Sunday afternoon...

Congrats on the 500 miles...

melancholic smirk said...

WTG on the 500.