Sunday, September 07, 2008

"I see hurricanes a-blowin"

Stupid Gustav has totally messed up the routine I was getting into. Work was going well. My training was going well. Then, big ole stupid-headed Gustav had to knock down trees in my yard and devastate BR. The parentals evacuated to my house. Luckily, their house(which had 6 1/2 feet of water after Katrina) didn't even lose power this time. So, after living in our powerless house for a day after the storm we relocated to their house. It feels like we are playing musical houses at this point. Bad news: its suppoesd to take 14 -21 days to get pwer restored to my neighborhood. No Bueno!

I have missed a week of work(because schools are closed) and am supposed to go back tomorrow. I guess we'll be making a 2 hour commute each way everyday until power is restored to our neighborhood. By the way, Entergy reported that our neighborhood was the hardest hit in BR, just my luck.

Good news today that they are going to begin working on restoring power to my neighborhood today. But, given the massive amounts of destruction, I don't expect to have power for several more days.

I have had to adjust my running schedule slightly but have still gotten my workouts in. I miss running in my hood. Running here in moms hood seems so dreary and tedious. Not that its a bad hood, it just isn't home.

And if all this isn't enough, Hurricane Ike looks like it's heading this way too, Wonderful!

We did get to see some of K-love's family Saturday so at least some good came out of it. And, Sadie and Lily have become fast friends with the dogs across the street from the parents.

Today is the opening game for 5the saints. Kickoff is in 20 minutes so I gotta finish this post soon. I am more excited about this football season, college and pro, than I have been the last several years. I'm looking in to getting a smoker so that I can enjoy football and bbq on the weekends. But, I can't decide which smoker I want.

Well, I guess that's enough for today. Hopefully I'll be home soon. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Alan said...

Glad to hear that you're ok a week after the hurricane. Been trying to call you on your cell and check, but all I get is the Alltell guy. Sure is sad that phones don't work in La.

Alan

curia_regis said...

Good thing you didn't see earthquakes and lighting...or whatever Fogarty says there...

Typically whenever I start a routine, within the first 2 weeks I'm challened by a trip out of town, or several rainy days, or whatever...I'm glad to see that you don't let things like a change of venue (your house -to - parent's house) throw you off.