Sunday, November 30, 2008

He's going the distance....

He's (not) going for speed.

I made it through 18 miles today. It took a little over 4 hours. I think I figured out the hydration/nutrition issue. that seems to have helped today. I still should have had a more energy producing dinner last night. I'm getting all the kinks worked out. However, my shoes are killing me. I went to the local running store earlier this week and they didn't have the shoes I want in my size so they ordered them for me. They New Nike Air Pegasus 25's should be in any minute now, I can't wait.

I crossed the 700 mile mark for the year. I'm now at 714 miles. Those of you who look at the stat tracker at the bottom of this page know that my goal was to get to 1000 miles, but it ain't gonna happen. But, I am happy that I will be able to break 800 miles(knock on wood). I'm averaging 25 miles a week with 4 1/2 weeks to go. that should put me around 830ish for the year.

On an unrelated note, this is the last day of my Thanksgiving break. I'm not looking forward to doing lesson plans tonight or going to school tomorrow. On the bright side, it's only 3 weeks till Christmas break. Christmas break means we're halfway to summer break( you gotta keep things in perspective). It's good to be a teacher

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Thanks to my friends and family, I appreciate your efforts this week.

2 comments:

curia_regis said...

Still, 800 is a lot of miles. Don't get discouraged because you did LES MILES than you wanted to...

:D

Steven Wallace said...

you should have gotten those new shoes by now. how are they working?

Les Miles.... Hilarous