Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Chips Ahoy, Matey!



I think I would like to build my own wooden canoe. However, I have zero experience with such things. I know nothing about boats, woodworking, or the tools of the trade. Yet, I have been feeling the desire to build my own canoe for sometime now. There are plans for such things on the internet. It seems that if I just go step by step I should be able to do it. But, it doesn't look as easy as putting together a bookshelf out of a box from Wal-Mart. So, the question then becomes, "to build, or not to build". The other question on my mind is what would I name my pirate ship, I mean canoe? Perhaps the "Bayou Barnacle" or "Scotts Yacht" or "The Chicken of the Sea". Names are very important for this type of thing. What would Speed Racer be without he Mach 5, or Hans Solo without the "millennium Falcon", or Scooby Doo without the "Mystery Machine". As you can see I have a lot of serious questions to ponder. Any suggestions on both questions would be appreciated, that's what the comment section below is there for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conrad's Conquest is a good name.

Ace said...

BUY a used one! Trust me as someone who dabbles in woodworking this a project you don't want to start because it will most likey end up as a fire starter for your fireplace!

Still riding? My group rides on Saturday morning and you're welcome to join us! There are also a bunch of Tour for Cure rides on the northshore for the next 2 months leading up to their event oct 3 weekend.