Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Another movie review

I went to see the movie "Taken" tonight. I thought it was pretty good. I wouldn't put it in the great category but it was very good. I don't know exactly what I was expecting but it didn't meet my expectations. But again, It was good, worth the price of admission but I probably wouldn't go twice. Looking back on what I just typed, I think it's safe to say I'll never work as a movie critic.

On the training front. I did my first workout in the pool yesterday. 40 laps=1000 yards. In the beginning it was a bit awkward but by the end of the workout I figured a few things out. I slowed down, got into a rhythm and controlled my breathing. It got better, I didn't drown. The good news is that I swam 1000 yards(924 meters). The race in April has an 800 meter swim, so it seems that I could make it. The problem is that yesterday I stopped after every 50 yards. Stringing the laps together is definitely gonna take some work and effort.

Today I came home and got on the bike. I rode for an hour(roughly 13 miles) and felt good at the end. The race is 18 miles so I'm very confident that the cycling part of the race wont be a problem. The trick is definitely gonna be surviving the swim. Tomorrow I'm supposed to run for 25 minutes. I'll probably double that. I feel like running is my thing, the part of the race where I can have the most success. Also, 25 minutes just doesn't feel like much to me right now. But I don't want to push to hard. I'm trying to progress slowly and steadily so I don't burn out. It seems like the right thing to do.

That's all I had for today. I hope you all are doing well, I'll holla atcha lata. Scott.

1 comment:

Steven Wallace said...

is Taken the movie with Liam Niessen? that tri athon is gonna be a cakewalk for ya!!!!