Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Next Big Thing

So here I am, just days after completing my first marathon. I'm still a little sore but I'm already looking ahead. I have decided to do the 16Th annual Louisiana Triathlon in New Roads, Louisiana on April 18Th. This race consists of a half mile swim(800 meters), 18 mile cycle, and a 3.1 mile run. This will be my first Try at a Tri(my attempt at humor). I am super excited. Ive got a little less than 2 1/2 months to get ready.

I joined the local YMCA today so that I can start training for the swimming portion of the race. I think that will be the most difficult part. The "Y" also has spin classes which I can use as an alternative to riding my bike around Capital City.

I'm not going to start any training until Monday. I'm giving my body time to recover from the marathon. But I am excited about training for three events at once. I think it will be good because I wont be bored because I'll be doing something different every day. We'll see.

Well, I just wanted to let you all know what I was up to. I'll be chillaxin' for a couple more days but come Monday it's back to work. Who knows, this could be the summer of the 6 pack, HA!

No comments: