Tuesday, February 17, 2009

a weekly update

Well it’s been a week or so since I updated so I thought I would give you an update as to my goings on.

Triathlon training is going well so far. The swimming is getting much better but I have this click in my left shoulder and after many clicks it starts to ache. I’m sure I take several hundred strokes per workout. That equals a lot of clicks. Thus, my left shoulder is very sore today. I’m pretty sure that I’m going to need to have someone look at it eventually. But, I have found that I can modify the stroke on my left arm and avoid the click. It just creates a stroke that is much different than the one I do with my right. I don’t know if it throws off my balance or efficiency but it doesn’t hurt and that works for me.

The cycling is going well. I invested in the padded shorts. Whoever invented those things was a genius. The only down side is that I feel like I’m walking around wearing a diaper. Not Cool!

Oddly enough, running is the hardest part. I’m not really enjoying the running right now, probably because the other stuff is new and exciting. But running is my old standby and my true love. The passion will return when the excitement of the new stuff wears off, I hope.

Last weekend was a good weekend. I was much busier than I anticipated. Dinner Friday night was awesome, pork tenderloin, green beans, and mashed potatoes. Saturday, I thought I would be hanging out around the house for most of the day but I ended up cycling in the morning for 80 minutes and went running at the LSU lake with a friend around 4. Steven and I hit Brew-bachers for lunch, my belly was quite full. It’s probably good that I had 2 workouts. Sunday was good too. A little family/parade time in Slidell. Of course someone had to bring fried chicken. Yes, it was good. But I limited myself to 2 pieces. But I did have 5 brownies.

I feel a little guilty that I was not home more. Luckily the dogs have each other to entertain themselves. Nothing beats coming home and having those 2 sweet angels jumping all around with there tails wagging happy to see me. I gotta get a camera so I can post some new pics, they are the most awesome dogs ever!

This week at school is one that I have been looking forward to for a while now. We are studying Supreme Court Cases. I find this stuff to be very exciting, almost as exciting as the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. Wednesday and Thursday should be good. The kids have wanted a debate for a while now, and now they get it. Among the other cases we will mention I am going to let them discuss Roe v. Wade for a few minutes. Sparks will fly, that’s why were going to do it last. Hopefully time will run out before we get there.

In other good news, I got my taxes done and don’t owe anything, Yea! I’m getting a little back. I think I’m going to spend it all on frivolous things to stimulate the economy, any suggestions? And no, personal checks to you do not count.

1 comment:

curia_regis said...

One of my favorite Supreme Court cases involves land snatching:

Hailey v United States:

Hailey 7, United States 0

You see! It can be done!