Sunday, February 08, 2009

Down the Bayou, Over the River and Through the Woods

Down the Bayou
Well, I did not really go down the bayou but I did do a little Cajun dancing Friday night. Thursday night I got some waltz and two-step lessons. Friday night I went to Boutin's. It's a Cajun restaurant here in Capital City. The great thing is that Thurs-Sun night they have a live Cajun band playing and a large dance floor in the middle of the place. I put my skills to work. I'm not a great dancer but luckily no one got hurt. Luckily my legs finally felt rested from last weeks marathon, 'bout time. I also recommend the blackened alligator, DELICIOUS!

Saturday
It was a good day. I took the kids(dogs) to the Dog park for a couple of hours. It was absolutely gorgeous outside and there were tons of dogs there. Lily is getting more social, she ALMOST plays with other dogs, almost. Sadie on the other hand will play with anyone. She does not discriminate. She played with a Dachshund and 5 minutes later became best buds with a great Dane. I gotta get a camera, Sadie and the Dane were hilarious. Once we got home we kicked it around the house for a while before I headed out to the movies. "The Wrestler" is definitely a guy movie. Ladies, you may enjoy it but if there is another option I would take it. Guys, you gotta see it. You can thank me later.

Over the river and through the woods
Today I got up early and headed to "The Country" to spend some time with my Grandmother, who is completely awesome. One of my cousins is currently living with her(because she goes to college to get more knowledge) and the 3 of us went to church and then out to eat. I absolutely loved it. My Grandmother never ceases to amaze me and make me laugh. I am 34 now and today is the 1st time I ever remember hearing my Grandmother sing. She was singing the hymns at church and it dawned on me that I had never heard her sing before. It was one of the sweetest sounds I have ever heard. I will never forget today or the sound of my Grandmother singing. It makes me smile just thinking of it.

Then we went to lunch. Catfish topped with Crawfish Etoufee(A-2-Fay). Quite tasty, but not as the delicious as the seafood and spinach dip, Amazing! Then we headed back to her house and sat and talked for a while. My Lil' cousin is great, I don't know how to describe her but to say she's great(sorry I couldn't think of anything better than that).

Then it was back to the house. I did my first run since the marathon today. 30 minutes worth, or about 2.75 miles. It felt good. Tomorrow I start my training for the triathlon. After work its off to the Y to do some laps in the pool. I know it's gonna kill me, but I can't wait.

It was a pretty full weekend. But not a stressful weekend.

I feel good about things right now. Not great yet, but definitely good. The Sun was definitely shining this weekend, in so many ways.


Hopefully you got the over the river and through the woods(to grandmothers house we go) joke. I'm going to get a camera soon, it's been a while since I've put up any pics of Sadie and Lily. I know how you all look forward to pictures of those 2.

4 comments:

curia_regis said...

Of course I got the joke...I find it interesting that you pronounce it "A-two-fay", as I pronounce it "et-tu-(brute)-fay". Weird. Hopefully you get the "brute" joke...there's another joke I could have put in there, "et-tu-(auto de)-fay" - but I wasn't sure you'd get that one. Hopefully you get both...maybe you get neither :(

Scott said...

auto-de-fay, what's an auto-de-fay? It's what you auto-not-do but you do anyway.

That is my absolute favorite scene from Hidtory of the world(part 1). I also got the "brute" joke, thanks Caesar!

I hope you and MB are doing well. Hopefully I'll se you at the classic. You can do it!

Anonymous said...

i'll take "great"...it's a good enough adjective for me. you'll have to come to H-town again sometime and we'll hit up Carretta's!

and i wanted to let you know to start sending your updates to my Southeastern account...
Kimberly.Wallace@selu.edu
i hardly ever remember to check my LSU account anymore.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!