Monday, April 27, 2009

Me, Yoga Class?

Yep.
I went to my 1st ever yoga class tonight at the YMCA with a friend of mine. I think I liked it. I'll have to wait and see if I'm sore in the morning but as of right now I'm feeling good. I'm not nearly as flexible as I like to think I am, nor do I have the ab strength that I wish I had. But, I guess that all comes in time. I also did a 30 minute core workout class before yoga. That one was a toughy but I managed to get through them both only pausing to rest once in each class. So, now it seems I do yoga. How about that?

Tomorrow night is pilates night. I've never been to a pilates class but I hear its quite a workout. Hopefully I won't be too sore from today. I fully expect to be hurting Wednesday morning.

Wednesday night is a spin class(cycling) that I'm planning to attend. The reason I am hitting these classes 3 nights in a row is to see if I like them or not. I'm getting ready to move into a new phase of training and I want to add some new types of workouts to the mix. So, this is my test everything out week. Next week I'll make my final plan.

For those of you who do yoga, I will say that of the positions we did today my favorite was the 3 legged dog, and the only position I didn't do was the "cloud". But I think that's because I was trying to do it wrong.

I'll let you know how pilates turns out tomorrow.


Sadie's favorite position is "the licking dog"
Lily's favorite position is "laying on the bed"

No comments: