Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Break, Part 2

Yesterday (Wednesday) turned out to be OK. I went to New Orleans to see some friends that I went to Northwestern State with. They are all married with kids so we met for a picnic so that the kids could play on the playground while we reminisced about the old days. We each brought our own food. So, I went to the Whole Foods on Magazine street and got a couple slices of pizza, because I try not to do fast food anymore, except chic-fil-a(LOVE IT).

Anyways, It was a beautiful day and it was nice to catch up with old friends. Most of us haven't seen each other in about 13-14 years. It was odd to see these people, we all remember each other the way we looked at 19/20 years old, none of us looked that different but it's easy to see that we are not kids anymore. In a way it made me feel a little old, but it also made me feel like there is a lot of life left in me.

As y'all know, I'm a big fan of Audubon Park. I have good memories there and was happy to add this one to the list. But my favorite memory is still the time that Sadie jumped into the fountain. And of course there were many days walking and jogging there. I always smile when I think of Audubon Park.

After a couple hours I headed back to Capital City. I had dinner with a friend from work and her husband, who is a professional chef. They made chicken parmesean. Very tasty. I even had a glass of red wine with it and finished the whole glass. Quite an accomplishment for me(there's more, read on).

Then we met some others at a place in town that has a beach volley ball league. We watched another coworker play while we drank, talked, and laughed about lots of different topics. I even had a beer. It took me a full hour to finish the bottle. I'm still a light weight but think of the money I save be being such a wuss-ass drinker.

Today I got up and headed to the Y for my last training swim before the race Saturday. it was much warmer than Tuesdays swim. Then I came home and cut the grass in the backyard. The dogs like to be outside when I cut the grass. The always lay in the spot of high grass. They seem to like that better than laying on the freshly cut grass, maybe it's softer.

So, now you know about my yesterday and today. Tonight I have big plans. Me and the girls are gonna be doing a whole lot of nothing. Actually, I'm gonna go to the outlet mall tonight or sometime tomorrow, I need new pants. Anybody wanna go?

No comments: