Tuesday, April 14, 2009

So, this is Spring Break. Aaargh!

Here it is Tuesday afternoon, 3 o'clock, and I have already run out of things to do. This is going to be a long, boring week.

I decided not to go back and rewrite yesterdays post, that's history now. Onward ever onward!

This morning Matt (my coworker who is doing the tri) and I took a ride to New Roads to swim in False river. We have been swimming in the pool at the YMCA but thought it would be a good idea to try an open water swim, and we wanted to see how cold the water would be. It was freezing(not literally). But I walked right in and swam around a bit and eventually got used to it. However, it was a little hard to breathe when I first got in, so Saturday I will need to get in the water about 10 minutes before the race starts to get used to it, otherwise it may be a very short race.

New Roads looks like a cute little town. I might go back one weekend to take a closer look around, it would be a cute place to take a date if I could find a nice restaurant, and a suitable "lady friend"(If you know what I mean;) ).

Anyway, the water was cold and the town was cute. I am really excited but a bit nervous about the race. I just have to remind myself to survive the swim, survive the swim, survive the swim. I'm not worrying about speed this time. I just want to finish the race. I'll worry about speed in the future.

I came home and decided it was time to cut the grass. And, with it being such a pretty day it didn't seem like it would be too much of a chore. So, I cut the front yard, but not the back. I'm gonna let that wait till Thursday because I have nothing to do that day. The funniest and sort of sweet thing about cutting the grass in the front is that Sadie runs around the backyard and house whining because she can't be out there with me. i don't know if she thinks the mower is attacking me or if she just misses me but it's sweet that she wants to be where I am that bad. She is a sweet baby. Lily doesn't make as much noise but will bark some when I push the mower along the fence line.

Well, it's 3:22 now. I just passed 15-20 minutes blogging. What else can I do to occupy myself? Anybody want to go get some coffee, or a beer, bowling, putt-putt, outlet shopping, hiking, dog walking, bungee jumping, bike riding, sushi, or something? I'm bored.

What a fabulous start to spring break. least I get to spend quality time with the pups. That I do like!

1 comment:

Steven Wallace said...

wanna do a dog park kids playing at the kid park thing this week. Let me know.