Thursday, April 09, 2009

A Lily Tail (tale)

Lily is a very sweet dog, most of the time. She can be a little mischevious, highstrung, and a little destructive but she can also be very sweet, personable, and cuddly. Today, I don't know what to call her. Let me rewind.

a couple months ago I installed a dog door so that Liliy and Sadie could go outside during the day if they wanted. I didn't want them to be cooped up in the house while I was at work and figured they would let themselves out and run around the backyard to burn off extra energy. Energy burn off was a big reason why I put the door in. You see, there had been several times when I came home to find various things torn up around the house like mail, pillows, magazines,etc. So, the door idea seemed to make sense.

And since putting in the door there have been very few occurences of things being torn up in the house(though Lily did unleash her wrath on one of the couches last week). However, I quickly learned to close my closet door and not leave things laying around. It seems that Lily developed a new habit of bringing things outside through the dog door. It started with a sock, then a dishrag, then (unevitably) my underwear. But those were small potatoes. Next thing you know it was blue jeans, shoes, and a couple of days ago she even managed to get the fitted sheet off the bed and out in to the yard. That one I was sort of impressed by. But now it seems that things are moving in reverse, I guess she has run out of things to bring outside.

Today when I came home from work I found that Lily brought in a little present for me. The bed was coverd with leaves and pieces of twigs. We had some rough weather a few days ago and so we have some small branches in the yard. The dogs like to chew on sticks sometimes, so I guess lily wanted to be comfortable while chewing so she brought it on the bed, which happens to be her favorite place in the whole world, she loves laying on the bed.

I dont mind some sticks and leaves but if she starts bring in small animals or other peoples underwear then we will have a problem.

Here are some pics of the event. She is a cutie









...and be sure to notice that I didn't add any pictures of Sadie. Because I don't have favorites.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is so cute!

Kim said...

I can't believe you were up and blogging at a quarter after 4! Crazy!! I was on my 3rd dream!

La said...

love it. i knew i liked lily best.

Scott said...

Actually Kim, Blogger is apparently based out on the west coast somewhere so it wasn't really 4 something, it was 6 something. Which is still way before you get up but not nearly as bad as 4 AM.