Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Final word and then running stuff

Just a quick final word about my previous two posts. I meant them both. I nearly deleted them both but this blog really is a chronicle of my life and I don't want to act like that part of my life doesn't exist. But, I won't have much to say about it from here on out. The End.

So, the marathon is Sunday. I gotta tell you, I'm pretty worried at this point. I've put in a lot of training but the last couple weeks haven't been that great. I've really been drained lately. I think I'm gonna try some B-12 supplements this week. I hate to start something new right now but I gotta get some pep in my step.

I'm putting a plan together for my support team. I'm trying to figure out what intervals to space them out at and how to coordinate getting them the stuff that they are going to give me during the race. I'm also a little concerned because the race starts at 7 am. I thought it started at 8. That means I'm gonna need to get up at like 4:30 or so, then drive down, park, figure out how to get my Gatorade and gels to my support peeps, loosen up, and run. If I stay in BR it'll be an hour and 15-30 minute drive, and I guess I'll drive it alone, which means I'll have to drive myself home. I'm sure I'll be able to drive but I know I'm gonna be hurting.

I could stay in Slidell Saturday night, but I don't sleep as well there. But, I could get a ride to the race from my folks. Problem is, I would have to got back to Slidell after the race. In that case I would probably drive back to BR on Monday(yes, I'm taking Monday off). Don't worry I'll get it figured out.

The fact that I feel like I have no energy is what really has me worried though. I'll just have to keep reminding myself to slow down and take it easy. As much as I would love to finish in under 5 hours I see that the biggest goal is just to finish. I can always get better. Right now I just need to finish.

So, now you know my thoughts about the upcoming marathon(this Sunday morning). I know I'll have lots more thoughts on it as it closer. I'm sure I'll have a lengthy post on Friday or Saturday as the nervous energy (or overwhelming fear) builds up.

Stay tuned, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: